Welcome to the WIreless Systems, Networks and CyberSecurity (WINS) Lab. Established on the April Fools’ Day of 2016, WINS lab strives to conduct research in the field of computer networks, wireless networks, mobile systems and security thereof. We aim at building efficient and dependable solutions for the networks of the future and focus on the design and experimentation of systems and protocols. We support education both at undergraduate and graduate levels.
The specific topics we study are
- 5G and Next Generation Mobile Networks,
- Internet of Things (IoT), Wireless Sensor Networks,
- Software Networks and Software-defined Networked Systems,
- Virtual Networks, Edge and Fog Computing,
- Cybersecurity and Network Security,
- Mobile Computing,
- Ubiquitous and Pervasive Computing, and
- Performance Evaluation of Networks.
Some recent projects are
- 2016-2017 METU-OYP, Software-defined Networked Systems Laboratory, 250.000TL (Proposer)
- 2016-2018 TÜBİTAK 1001, 215E127 Density-adaptive Wireless Networks (DAWN), 427.428 TL (Proposer)
- 2015-2017 TÜBİTAK 2232, 115C064 Bilici Makine Olarak lnternet (Internet as the Oracle), 29.000TL (Proposer)
- 2014-2015 BAP-08-11-2014-025 Software Development Platform for Heterogeneous Internet of Things, 30.000 TL (Proposer)